Welcome to The Croft
The Croft Pre-school is situated in the village of Haslington in South Cheshire. The pre-school opened in 1981 and is situated in the Gutterscroft Centre, in the heart of the community. Our ethos is based firmly in our strong community roots, which we are keen to strengthen and maintain. We serve a diverse population stretching to Crewe and the nearby villages of Winterley, Wheelock and Sandbach; all children between the ages of 2 – 5 years; and you are free to choose as many sessions as you prefer for your child to attend.
Our setting aims to:
- Provide high quality childcare and education below statutory school age
- Work in Partnership with parents to help children learn and develop
- Add to the life and wellbeing of the local community
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We are especially proud of our transition to school programme called Rising 4s. These sessions run all year, for those children who will be starting primary school in the following September. This group of children meet on Tuesday afternoons and are involved in some of the experiences that they will enjoy in their first few months at school, including:
- An introduction to reading through our phonics programme;
- Early number work programme;
- Indoor and outdoor P.E. lessons;
- An opportunity to meet some of the other children that will be starting school in September;
Joining The Croft
If you are interested in you child joining The Croft, please contact us to ask about places or to arrange a visit to look around.
From September 2017, some 3 and 4-year-olds may be entitled to up to 30-hours government-funded childcare/pre-school provision. The Croft is participating in this scheme, in so far as our opening hours allow. To find out if you are eligible for the funding, please visit the government's online calculator tool at https://www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator. If eligible you will need to apply yourself at https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow. To discuss your options and the availability of sessions please contact the Pre-School Manager, Jo King, on 07790793353, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents have the option of purchasing uniform items for their children. We have sweat tops priced £6.50, and polo shirts for £6.